Divalproex Sodium also known as 2-propyl, sodium salt is a white powdered highly stable pharmaceutical substance that is used to formulate drugs that helps to treat health conditions such as migraine headaches, bipolar disorders, certain psychiatric conditions, and epilepsy. This phamaceutical compound works by restoring neurotransmitters in the brain. Divalproex Sodium shows good solubility in various solvents such as chloroform, methanol, and acetone. Buy from us this compound in bulk within sealed hard plastic containers at a reasonable price range.
Divalproex Sodium Properties:
- Molecular Formula: (C16 H31 Na O4)n
- Repeating Unit Molecular Weight: 310.41 g/mole
- Synonyms: Pentanoic acid, 2-propyl, sodium salt (2 : 1), Sodium hydrogen bis (2-propyl valerate) oligomer
- Cas No.: 76584-70-8
- Color: White to almost white powder.
- Solubility: Very soluble in chloroform, freely soluble in Methanol and in ether. Soluble in Acetone, practically insoluble in Acetonitrile.
- Water (by Karl fisher): Not more than 1.00%
- Heavy metals: Not more than 0.002%
- Assay: Not less than 98.0% and not more than 102.0% on dried basis.